Where did we got the idea that women are limited to just very few career choices or the things that they can do? Where did we get the idea that “it’s a man’s world?”
The Bible didn’t present such notions. The Bible is vivid with God’s arrangements!
“So God created humans in his own image. He created them to be like himself. He created them male and female. God blessed them and said to them, “Have many children. Fill the earth and take control of it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the air. Rule over every living thing that moves on the earth.” God said, “I am giving you all the grain bearing plants and all the fruit trees. These trees make fruit with seeds in it. This grain and fruit will be your food. And I am giving all the green plants to the animals. These green plants will be their food. Every animal on earth, every bird in the air, and all the little things that crawl on the earth will eat that food.” And all these things happened.” – Gen. 1:27-30 ERV
1. Both the man and the woman were created in God’s own image.
2. Both the man and the woman were instructed to take control of the earth.
3. Both the man and the woman were asked to be in control of other creatures.
4. The woman and the man shares the same equal rights and responsibilities in the society.
In marriage the woman don’t loose her right. Both looses their rights to each other. Both lives for each other. Genesis 2:24
Let’s dwell on career.
Women become limited in what they can do because
1. They have been oriented to think they can’t break out and break forth!
2. They are afraid of what people will say if they’d try something different.
3. They have been deceived to think that being feminine means being weak! They’re told that their strength is only for carrying babies.
4. They lack guidance and encouragements.
We’re in a world where successful women are seen in a negative sense. People say we shouldn’t marry them else they won’t be submissive.
When they’re living independently people say they must be prostitutes! Who brought about all these wrong perceptions?
An average African including women have no regard for femininity! Femininity is bastardised, people think being feminine means being dependent, using make up and thinking inferior! When men talk, it is common to hear them say “women? They think like fowls”.
Some women are instrumental to the sabotage of their own success. How?
1. They think that with their body, they can get everything worked out. Unfortunately, women who try using their body to get what they want often loose out in the end because they sell their body for a piece of paper and reduce their worth.
2. Some women are not confident in themselves! They’re so addicted to being assisted that they can’t trust themselves enough to make good judgment. It’s good to be guided but at some points you don’t let people make your choice for you. This have affected every area of the lives of some women. At some point, be self reliant, be independent! Don’t always look for a shoulder to lean on. Sometimes be that shoulder that others can lean on.
3. Certain women are afraid to talk about themselves, to exalt their own offices! It is wrong! You shouldn’t only continue advertising your make up, your dress sense, your hairstyle and all those things when you’ve not told the world where you belong, where you fall in! Talk about what you do and how much you believe that you can be a change to the world! Proffer solutions to real life problems, have a purpose and stick to it!
4. It is common to see women who easily sneak out of challenges! They feel they’re weak to fight! They feel they’re not in good position to tackle those criticisms and troubles! Check every successful woman, they didn’t run from them, they faced it squarely and overcame it!
6. Certain women mix their emotions with their business! They just can’t separate their love life from their career. When their relationship mess up, their career is also messed up! Some women have been wrongly oriented to see be less firm and more emotional.
7. Women don’t understand the depth of their difference with men and they try competing with men! Well, you can’t be men, men can’t be you. You can be yourself! You are good as you!
A woman can achieve anything, she can reach any height! She can be better… But this is only if she can learn to be herself!
-May 22, 2017 (Queens Hangout)
Leave a comment